NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF MASSACHUSETTS WHO ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The Addie’s “FREE GROCERIES WEEK” Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is sponsored and administered by ADDIES, PBC, 9 BARTLET ST. SUITE 9, ANDOVER, MA 01810 (“Sponsor”).
1. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway begins on 5/1/2023 at 4:00 PM EDT and runs each day from 4:00 PM EDT to 6:00 PM EDT until 6:00 PM EDT on 5/5/2023 (“Giveaway Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock of the Giveaway.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Giveaway is offered only to legal residents of Massachusetts who are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the giveaway (collectively, “Giveaway Entities”) and each of their respective immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Giveaway, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements and enters the Giveaway agrees to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and agrees that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Giveaway.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY: During the Giveaway Period, an entrant must submit an entry (“Entry”) through the Giveaway landing page at https://www.addies.com/
. Entry must include a valid, working phone number where the entrant can be reached, a first name, and an email address. Proof of transmission does not constitute proof of entry. Use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of entry, are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified.
By participating in the Giveaway, entrant understands that he or she is providing his or her information to Sponsor.
Message and data rates may apply to Entries submitted via a mobile device. Please check with your mobile carrier for more information.
Entry Limit: One (1) Entry per person each day for the giveaway period, for a maximum of 5 entries for the entire Giveaway Period. For the purposes of this Giveaway, a “day” is defined as each calendar day starting at 12:00:00 AM EST and ending at 11:59:59 PM EST. Entrants attempting to use multiple phone numbers will be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries received from any individual in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
By submitting an Entry, each entrant consents to:
a) Receive from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designated representative a notification SMS message and/or email notifying such entrant if he or she is a potential Prize winner or loser.
b) Receive promotional SMS and emails from Addie’s Grocery. Subscribers can opt out of promotional SMS messages by replying “STOP”, or to promotional emails via the unsubscribe link contained in the footer of any email. Subscribers with an Addie’s account can also update their communication preferences through https://www.addies.com
in their account information.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: During the Giveaway Period, up to 400 potential winners will be selected randomly from all eligible entries received. The sponsor will determine the number of winners for each day during the Giveaway Period. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner via SMS at the phone number provided. If the potential winner does not claim the Prize by 7:45pm EDT the same day he/she was notified, then the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining non-winner eligible entries. Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Giveaway.
5. PRIZES: There will be one (1) prize, consisting of up to 400 promotional codes that must be used by 7:45pm EDT with a maximum value up to $75 (“Prize”). Promotional codes are only redeemable for use at Addie’s Grocery. No cash value and no substitutions. The prize is limited for use with Express pick up orders with 15 items or less, having a maximum individual item quantity limit of two per order, with a maximum order value of up to $75.
6. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO WIN.
7. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Potential winners will be notified via SMS each day during the giveaway period by 6:00pm EDT with further instructions on how to claim the prize. All winners must claim the prize by 7:45pm EDT on the same day of notification, or another potential winner may be chosen. If a potential winner does not use the promotional code sent to his or her phone number within the time period stated in the notification message, such potential winner’s prize will be forfeited, and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
If the potential winner places an order using the promotional code received in their notification, but does not pick up his/her groceries within 24 hours after the order was placed, such potential winner’s prize will be forfeited.
By accepting a prize, the winner grants Sponsor the right, without limitation, to use the winner’s name and/or photo (“Content”) in connection with the Giveaway for promotional, advertising, or other purposes, and to display the Content in any media now known or hereinafter developed.
8. TAXES: Sponsor makes no representations about the tax consequences of being selected as the winner and receiving a Prize. No part of the Prize or its equivalent cash value will be subject to withholding by Sponsor for the payment of any taxes.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Giveaway, entrants agree that the Giveaway Entities and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable email notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/UseNet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or the failure to capture or loss of any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the website or any Giveaway-related website(s).
This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.:
By entering the Giveaway, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Giveaway, including any injury that arises as a result of receipt, use, or conversion of a Prize into groceries or other goods; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Giveaway, including but not limited to any Giveaway-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Giveaway; (b) the violation of any third-party trademark, license, privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Giveaway materials; (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, nonuse, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof); (e) any change in prizes (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action[s], regulation[s], order[s] or request[s] prove[s] to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Giveaway; (g) human error; (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of any Entry; (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of a website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an entrant; (j) interruption or inability to access the Giveaway or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; and (k) any liability for taxes as a result of receiving a Prize.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Giveaway, including any prize components, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or noninfringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Massachusetts State Court located in, Massachusetts; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Massachusetts. Entrants agree that the statute of limitations for asserting any claims shall be a period of one (1) year from the time the cause of action accrued, or the cause of action shall be forever barred.
12. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Giveaway other than as described herein is void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry in the Giveaway or entitlement to a Prize if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent or deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit an Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE GIVEAWAY OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries and/or materials submitted will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Giveaway details contained in these Official Rules, the details of the Giveaway as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, cancel or terminate the Giveaway in its sole discretion. In the event the Addie’s Grocery location is rendered inoperable for any reason, including health or safety reasons, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any remainder of the Prize. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problems, or in the event the Giveaway is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may either (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Giveaway and, in the event of termination, award the prize(s) at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.